Tuesday 30 March 2010

Pilgrims Antiques Centre. West Street Dorking. Easter weekend.


I wish you all a Happy Easter Tide.

You might be in church, in the garden, in the countryside,browsing for bargains, visiting family.......whatever you do I wish you peace and contentment and hope that we all can enjoy some lovely Spring weather.

My theme this week is, of course, Easter.... combining it with Spring.
The window display has the same theme and I have interspersed pictures of the window with those I set up.
Oh those window pictures! So difficult to get a good wide shot because the glass picks up reflections of the buildings on the other side of the road.
This time I tried putting the camera right up to the window and photographing just a small section.


This picture, with the happy Easter bunny in pride of place in the lovely child's chair was taken from within the shop.

I created a small "Easter Tree" with eggs hanging from some stems of pussy willow that I cut outside the back door of the shop.


Will you be having a boiled egg for Easter?
Will you have decorated it first?

Spring flowers - crocuses on the set of tea plates and an appropriate page in an old Ladybird Book.


This year Easter occurs very close to 1st April, which in France is poisson d'avril.
Just like in the UK it is a day for tricks and jokes.
I am glad to see a fish in the window to mark the French 1st April.


Bunnies.
Bunnykins china is always very popular as are the Beatrix Potter books.
The little bunny jug is by Sylvac.

Eggs in a crystal glass fruit bowl.


Love birds.


What a jolly Toby egg cup!


More miscellaneous Easter themed items.
The bakelite egg sold on the day of the photograph.


Get the gardening books out for a busy start of the season in the garden.
I was always told that Good Friday is the traditional day for getting your seed potatoes in the ground.


An Easter bonnet.


Feathers and fairies and a most beautiful Spring necklace.
You might want to see that necklace in more detail. Just click on the picture. Then use the back arrow on your computer to return to the main page.
I hope you will enjoy special foods and lost of chocolate!
It is a special weekend.
What a shame that these days it is almost like any other weekend. What a shame, too, that hot cross buns are available for most of the year. When I was a child my family would cycle to the bakers who would open specially on Good Friday morning to see their hot cross buns.
I am sure we all good memories of the "olden days".

No comments:

Post a Comment