Tuesday 27 April 2010

Pilgrims Antiques West Street Dorking Get back to the Kitchen.

Welcome to Pilgrims Antiques Centre.
This must be rather a hurried visit, for I was short of time yesterday.
Naturally the customers come first and it is good to spend time with them, chatting and showing things and hunting for something that they are after.
It is also important that we give the customers something good to look at.
This means dusting, cleaning and rearranging quite frequently.
Just lately I (Paula) have acquired interesting items of kitchenalia and I planned that yesterday would be the day when I created a larger kitchen area.
My kitchen items tend to date from the 1930s to the 1950s - like most of my stock.
I didn't have time to take any specially staged photographs of stock. I took pictures of things on the shelves as you would see them on a visit.
Here we have my kitchen shelves.
If you want an enlarged view of my picture, then click on the photo and then use the back arrow on your screen to return to the home page.


This is the top shelf.


Next shelf.

Next shelf down.


And the bottom 2 shelves.
The other person who chooses to have quite a lot of kitchenalia is Jo.

These kitchen shelves back on to mine in the room at the far end of the shop.


Jo has some lovely old big stone jars and look, a couple of interesting pie funnels.

These are not strictly kitchen items - though pine is very much used in kitchens.

Monika has this pine kitchen dresser and a lovely crisp white table cloth, decorated with lace.


A large copper urn (cauldron?) to be found in Jonathan's area.


Some items with a kitchen theme in Sue's area - tucked into the original old fireplace.

The sun is shining today in south east England - it is quite warm
I hope it continues until the Bank Holiday weekend that is to come.
I would like to remind you that Pilgrims, along with the other antiques shops in West Street, does not open on Bank Holiday Mondays.
But whatever you are doing I hope it is enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment