Tuesday 29 June 2010

Pilgrim's Antiques Dorking. Lazy Hazy Days of Summer.

Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
You'll wish that summer could always be here........

So sang Nat King Cole, and so say I.
Though I know, because people have told me so, that there are some who feel overwhelmed by the hot days of summer.

Pilgrim's Antiques comes into its own during the summer. It is cool within the shop.
People enjoy coming into browse.
Please feel free to come and browse. We all hope you have a pleasant visit and would want to return.
We all enjoy chatting with people and helping them if they have particular requests.

But yes, it has been hot lately hasn't it?
I thought that this week I might not get around to new photographs for the blog.
There were lots of things happening in the shop.
But finally I spotted Jo's Poole dish and it reminded me of the colours of the sun.
So, I searched for some more items like that.

The first item I photographed is not yet in the shop - next Monday I promise.


This record storage book (for the old 45's) has such a 1950's summery cover.
I can look back to picnics with friends and maybe our favourite records on a small portable battery powered record player.


Here is Jo's Poole dish; I am sure you can appreciate why it made me think of the heat of the sun.



Glass vases in my area.


More oranges and reds in this art deco (Clarice Cliffe style) jug.


Red vase from West Germany - 1960s.
I must mention that you can see the letters AF on the price ticket.
This is an abbreviation for 'As Found' - the seller has found some damage.
I try to write on the ticket what the damage is - but it is not always possible.
If you see AF - check the item and make sure it is not more than you can tolerate.
The pebble vase is by Sylvac.


Diana the Hunter in rich terra cotta.
The colour of heat - translated it means 'baked earth'.
Diana the Hunter reminds me of the people hunting for sporting glory just now.
I wish good fortune to all the football teams still involved in the World Cup.
In the UK we are holding our breath to see if 'our' man Andy Murray could possibly win Wimbledon.
Cricket continues - our English team has beaten the Australians.
Personally I am involved with track and field athletics and lots of good things are happening this summer.
And next weekend Le Tour de France begins.

I love coloured glass.
I have these items at home at the moment - the vases and the carnival glass.

More carnival glass and a big handkerchief vase.
Now sing along with me and Nat King Cole.....
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
You'll wish that summer could always be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment